I feel like a broken record, but sorry that I haven’t posted in forever. School has been pretty busy in the past little while and I’ve been trying to be social as much as possible and be outside in this gorgeous weather. Thought I would wrangle up some of my favourite products at the moment, mostly new things I have purchased or received in a subscription box over the past couple of months.
1. Moroccanoil – Oil treatment for all hair types — received this in one of my past Luxeboxes (I think December) but just started using it in the past couple of weeks as I’ve been trying to use up all my other hair oil samples. Hands down this is my absolute favourite hair oil.
2. Balea – Sunless tan body lotion for light to medium — Well it’s spring/summer and I felt I needed to rid myself of my ghostly white legs. I am pretty pale and don’t want to subject my skin to the sun that much, so sunless tanners are my only other option. I have had some pretty bad experiences with some, but stick to the gradual tanners as I am so pale. I like this product a lot actually, more than the original Jergens one. I don’t find it gives me an orangey look and doesn’t take a few days to develop colour. Like all self-tanners, make sure you exfoliate well (especially if you have dry skin) and try and apply as evenly as possible. I usually mix this tanner with a regular body lotion to cut down on any smell and really make application fool proof. Definitely give this one a try, and I will most likely repurchase it as it is less than $10 at Shoppers.
3. Vaseline – Total moisture in Cocoa Radiant — Speaking of body lotions, I just bought this one recently (well not really bought, I had a coupon for a free bottle) but as always I am very pleased with this brand. Very nice light scent and it’s not sticky. Keeps my very dry skin moisturised for the whole day as well, which is a big bonus as I don’t really have time to continuously apply body lotion.
4. Sally Hansen – Airbrush legs in Light Glow — Again, I am pale, and I am very self-conscious about it. When I’m going out for the night or am feeling extra pasty, I apply this onto my legs. It’s kind of messy but definitely works. Also, it doesn’t come off until you wash it off. It is pricey (in my opinion), so thankfully I found this at a liquidation or dollar store for cheap. Will only repurchase if I can find a good deal again.
5. Evian – Brumisateur facial spray — I received this in my first Glossybox (March) and I was skeptical when I first saw it. However, once I finally tried it out, I fell in love. You can use this product many different ways but I mainly spray my face when I moisturize in the morning and as well to set my makeup. Once the hot, sticky summer months are here, I will bring this with me everywhere to refresh my skin during the day.
6. Revlon – Super lustrous lipstick in Primrose #668 — Over the past year I’ve definitely gotten more into lipsticks but still stick to more neutral colours. This is a great pinky-nude colour that you can wear alone or under lip gloss. Would look good with many different skin tones.
7. Pandora’s Box – Blush in St. Tropez — Another product I received in my March Glossybox. This is a Canadian company and you can check out their other stuff at kirschcosmeticstudio.com Wonderful dusty rose colour that has a very smooth texture and the colour is buildable. Gives me a nice flush of colour that looks very natural.
8. Revlon – Colourstay Mineral Finishing Powder in Brighten #010 — I purchased this on saleevent.ca for a discounted price as I had always wanted to try it but thought it was a bit too pricey. I wish I wouldn’t have held out for so long because I love this product. I sweep it all over my face with a stippling face brush from Sigma (never goes on too heavy with this brush), then also use my finger to apply a bit more onto my cheekbones. Gives an amazing glow to the skin without looking sparkly or glittery. Great for all over colour on fair to medium skin tones but probably best just for highlighting on darker skin tones.
Well, those are my current favourite beauty products. I am going to try my hardest to start posting more. I definitely have to do an updated closet post as I had to change it a few months back. Also, I should be receiving my Luxe and Glossy boxes this week, so look out for those.
til next time…